The only equipment you need to make these recipes from the Mug Meals cookbook by Leslie Bilderback: A few mugs and a working microwave. It doesn't get any easier than that!
This bright, fresh, green version is a nice change of pace from the standard tomato-based chili.
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. minced yellow onion
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 2 Tbsp. minced celery
• 1 Tbsp. seeded and minced jalapeño
• 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
• 1⁄8 tsp. ground coriander
• 1/2 cup rotisserie chicken, minced
• 1 tomatillo or small green tomato, diced
• 1 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano leaves (or 1 tsp. dried)
• 1/4 cup minced cilantro leaves
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• Sour cream, for serving
1. In a large mug, combine oil, onion, garlic, celery, jalapeño, cumin and coriander. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are tender.
2. Add chicken, tomatillo, oregano, cilantro, salt, pepper and enough water to cover. Microwave for another 1 to 2 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream.